She Cries

She Cries

Ok I have a secret everyone that I feel the need to share with you, my dear audience: There is a story here. I know, it seems like it’s just a rambling assortment of strips that are not really going anywhere except maybe in circles, but it’s all starting to come together I promise.

Three more to go until I’m through with song titles from “Love of Life.” I think it’s worked out well so far, though the next few will be tough.

I’m working on a new Towers Bug shirt design. I should have shirts printed by the end of this week (possibly sooner). Here is a preview, new design vs. old design. Let me know what you think! (new design on the left, picture of old shirt on the right):

new Towers Bug shirtold Towers Bug shirt

New Readers: This is a good place to start

oh my goodness purchase these t-shirts quick quick quick!

Discussion (8)¬

1. Anonymous says:

Will the bug glow in the dark? I would buy a bug shirt if it glowed in the dark.

2. d e mcanulty says:

oh, the new one is pretty scary.

3. d e mcanulty says:

but i’ll probably buy one anyway!

4. L. Nichols says:

I actually prefer the asymmetry of the first version. Looks more like it’s scurrying up the shirt or something.

5. zpiece says:

while i still heart my old one, and will cherish it forever, i do like the stylized version of the new one. definitely more evil.

perhaps evil enough to warrant a slogan? he seems like he ought to be saluting something…

6. Blake says:

Thank you J. finally someone likes the the new design all I have heard so far is negativity in regard to symmetry and like not enough crushed up legs that obviously don’t work anymore because the bug is dead and you can almost see where that little pin is holding him down to like the piece of labeled foam core. Not just you, L. also there were people who expressed this concern in private.

No but thank you everyone who cared enough to both have an opinion and also to express it to me I do feel like there is something slightly off with the new design and am going to experiment with injecting asymmetry. I also may shorten those hind antennae. Maybe the front ones too, and probably adjust the bottom sets of legs such that the overall appearance is less pear shaped.

7. blake says:

Ha ha suckers look which one won. Also it was never an option to keep the old design because the files are lost.

8. nadia says:

i totally agree you should do some with glowy ink

Comment¬